NOT NINETEEN FOREVER - a Lucy Weasley mix [ 8TRACKS + ]
1. DEFAULT / Django Django
you took part in the race
but disappeared without a trace
2. BEDROOM EYES / The Dum Dum Girls
the hours to the sunrise creep,
but I don’t care
3. DEAD IN YOUR HEAD / Bleached
when you lie alone at night, do you start to dream about
all the things, all the things dead in your head
4. COMEBACK KID / Sleigh Bells
I know you tried so hard, but you can’t even win
you gotta try a little harder, you’re the comeback kid
5. PRETTY IN PUNK / Fall Out Boy
I was terrified, would you mind if I sat
next to you and watched you smile?
6. STITCHING LEGGINGS / Kate Nash
sometimes I just don’t know you at all
even though I know I’d like to think I was a bit of a know-all
7. THE SWISS ARMY ROMANCE / Dashboard Confessional
it’s cool to take these chances, it’s cool to fake romances
and grow up fast, grow up fast, grow up fast
8. NOT NINETEEN FOREVER / The Courteeners
you’re not nineteen forever,
pull yourself together
9. THE BOY WITH THE ARAB STRAP / Belle & Sebastian
we all know you’re soft ‘cause we’ve all seen you dancing,
we all know you’re hard ‘cause we’ve all seen you drinking
10. I’M A FLY / Laura Marling
I’m a fly, I’ll die tomorrow,
so give me all you’ve got
11. LIPPY KIDS / Elbow
walking on walls, stealing booze, and hour-long hungry kisses
and nobody knew me at home anymore
I make them simply by virtue of having a bloody fantastic taste in music ;D
Okay, that’s a lie. But I do have a fantastic taste in music.
This is a rough approximation of the process I follow -
- Dream up a theme. Start compiling a vague playlist on spotify or itunes, depending on which program is open at the time. Put in way too many songs. Put in every song that even seems a smidge relevant.
- Decide that 50 is a bit too many for an 8tracks mix. Prune the playlist down to the bare essentials (10 is a good number).
- Start deciding track order. Listen to the playlist and pick your start and end song, then shuffle the running order from then on. Sometimes I just listen to the end of a song and then the start of the next to see if they flow well. Obsess over this for far too long.
- Finalise running order. Try to think up title. Google lyrics, searching for title. Inspiration fails to strike. End up settling on a title, only to regret it once the mix is published.
- The cover - Digital fanmixes: open up photoshop, vomit textures and fonts onto a 500x500px canvas repeatedly until you get something vaguely acceptable. Mixes you’re burning to CD: cut out a square for the cover and glue things to it until you get something vaguely acceptable.
- Upload your mix to 8tracks, or burn it to CD.
- Go to tumblr. Make a new photo post, putting the mix cover in the photo section. Type the tracklisting in the caption, adding lyrics, if you so desire. If you do not desire, instead insert a small sample of the bands featured in your mix. Add tags like #fanmix #music #playlist or, if you’re doing fandoms, #draco/astoria or whatever. This shares your excellent taste in music with the world at large.
- Post mix.
- Regret it ten minutes later.
Hope this helped in some way!
I went to a ceramic painting cafe with my friends last week. We didn’t plan our designs, so we just made them up on the spot - I found a wee duck stamp, tried to gather up a nice colour palette, and produced accidental story merch!
‘It’s nice weather for ducks’ has always been one of my favourite phrases, which is partly why I picked it for the story. Just as the urban myth goes that Eskimos have fifty words for snow, us British folk have numerous and diverse ways of expressing our dislike for the weather. This cup and saucer set combines this with the art of drinking tea, and a conflicting palette of raincloud-grey and optimistic-sky-blue.
I can see it. We do both suffer from Sock Puppet Hand Syndrome and rickets.
If I was only allowed to describe Scorpius (and therefore myself) with a single sentence, though, it’d be this: he was always convinced the song Heaven Knows I’m Miserable now was written for his sad existence and his sad existence only, until one day he realised how absurd the song was, which was the day he grew up and started looking on the bright side of life.
for Julia — and me, because I didn’t make it :’D — ‘We Killed Scorpius’ monkey bread made by my friend/occasional beta Sally ~
The Great Scorpius Is Dead Age of Fanfiction: Never Forget
” your otp is what you are subconsciously looking for in a relationship “
trying not to read into my bluestocking astoria/white collar draco otp
or my pathetic shy artsy miserable scorpius/cheerful lucy otp
reading into them a lot
I remember an impromptu meeting in the ward, with my father and the two Potters. I barely spoke. I was told to keep what had happened a secret, and I still do.
I remember never agreeing to this verbally, only nodding my head, and knowing the power of that simple gesture."
―preview of Counting Daisy Roots
WHEN UNDER ETHER - twenty unsettling pieces of music [ 8TRACKS ]
featuring: tom waits, depeche mode, kate bush, godspeed you! black emperor, john cage, slipknot, sonic youth, & more
credit to Gina for showing me the fun way to answer this question
Wee scrappy doodle I did from a random photo on the internet, possibly reference for Welcome to Blunderland, a.k.a ‘drawing of angsty bespectacled Scorpius reclining on grass with a book and a sassy butt’.